Yahoo7 News Australia – The Seven Network and Foxtel have secured Australian cricket media rights in a blockbuster $1.
- The Seven Network and Foxtel have secured Australian cricket media rights in a blockbuster $1.
- Foxtel has paid almost $670 million for a portfolio that includes all digital rights, simulcasts of free-to-air games and exclusive rights to one-day and T20 International games, plus 16 BBL matches.
- Seven West Media chief executive Tim Worner said the lure to advertisers of all home Tests and 43 BBL matches meant cricket rights were far more cost effective than the Australian Open tennis that Seven last month lost to Nine.
- Mr Worner said adding a summer of cricket to the network’s AFL winter coverage meant Seven now had a year-round audience that it could tout to advertisers.
- “This is a much better deal for Seven West Media than what we had with tennis,” Mr Worner said.