Special Broadcasting Service (SBS) (Australia) – Wicketkeeper Alex Carey, who made his international debut in both Twenty20 and one-day cricket earlier this year, was also given a central contract for the first time.
- Smith and Warner were both banned for 12 months, and Bancroft for nine months for colluding to rough up the ball with sandpaper during the third test against South Africa last month.
- Australia have a heavy limited-overs programme over the next 12 months, with the World Cup in England next June and July the focus, chairman of selectors Trevor Hohns said.
- “This period is set to include a significant amount of limited-overs cricket, including the …
- Batsman Shaun Marsh and wicketkeeper Tim Paine, who assumed the captaincy from Smith during the South African series, also return to the central list.
- Fast bowlers Jackson Bird and Chadd Sayers, both of whom featured for the test team in the last six months, did not receive a central contract.