Cricket365 – Zimbabwe Cricket (ZC) have announced that Faisal Hasnain has officially resigned from his position as Managing Director, effective immediately.
- Zimbabwe Cricket (ZC) have announced that Faisal Hasnain has officially resigned from his position as Managing Director, effective immediately.
- Hasnain has been in the position for the last year, during which time ZC has progressed on a number of fronts but critically failed to qualify for the 2019 Men’s World Cup.
- ALSO READ: ICC’s Hunger Games add to the folly of the ten team World Cup“The main reason for my resignation is the non-qualification by ZC for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
- During his time with ZC, Faisal played a role in finalising the new ZC Strategic Plan and contributed to the complex discussions with the ICC with regard to the ICC’s new financial and constitutional model.
- ZC was also able to secure the hosting rights for the ICC Cricket World Cup Qualifier 2018, hosted a successful event, and we also hosted the first ever visit to Zimbabwe by an ICC Chairman.