Sportskeeda – Ajinkya Rahane – The Eternal Bridesmaid
What more does Ajinkya Rahane need to do to cement his place across formats?
- Feature 10 May 2018, 14:58 IST Out of reckoning for the World Cup?
- The Indian team for the tour of England and Ireland was announced on May 8th, and Rahane’s name wasn’t in it.
- Barring an injury to a player, he will not be able to prove himself (yet again) in a country where he played arguably one of the finest knocks by an Indian batsman in overseas conditions since the retirements of Sachin, Sehwag, Ganguly, Dravid and Laxman.
- Amidst an era of tattoos, glitter and swashbuckling punk, Rahane presents a completely sober face, and despite an outstanding record in the Ranji trophy, does not find himself in India’s strongest XI.
- For someone who has 29 tons and 36 fifties in 109 FC matches to go with an astounding 115 catches, Rahane’s position in Indian cricket should be untenable.