News International – Amir takes 100th Test wicket
DUBLIN: Mohammad Amir took his 100th Test wicket after returning to the fray against Ireland on Monday despite a troublesome knee injury.
- Amir takes 100th Test wicket DUBLIN: Mohammad Amir took his 100th Test wicket after returning to the fray against Ireland on Monday despite a troublesome knee injury.
- And 94 for three became 95 for four when Amir had Ireland captain William Porterfield (32) edging to wicketkeeper Sarfraz Ahmed, the Pakistan skipper.At that stage, Amir had taken two wickets for no runs in six balls.
- But after lunch Amir, in his 31st match at this level, took his 100th Test wicket when Gary Wilson was held in the slips by Haris Sohail to leave Ireland struggling at 157 for six.
- Pakistan bowling coach Azhar Mahmood suggested after stumps on Sunday that Amir’s lengthy time away from the game allied to the fact he had been involved in all three international formats — Tests, One-Dayers and Twenty20s — since coming back had taken a toll on the swing bowler.
- Amir, who helped Essex win English cricket’s first-class County Championship last year, burst onto the world scene as a teenager and at 18 was the youngest bowler to the landmark of 50 Test wickets.