Sporting News – Ireland’s historic Test debut ended in a five-wicket defeat, but only after they had given Pakistan a major scare on the final day at Malahide.
- Ireland’s historic Test debut ended in a five-wicket defeat, but only after they had given Pakistan a major scare on the final day at Malahide.
- Mohammad Abbas finished with a five-for and match figures of 9-110 as Ireland were dismissed for 339 having resumed on 319-7, the dangerous Kevin O’Brien failing to add to his overnight score of 118.
- MORE: Iconic cricket commentator Bill Lawry hangs up the microphone | Chris Lynn guides Kolkata home over Rajasthan as Knight Riders take step towards IPL play-offsPakistan’s subsequent wobble left the match fascinatingly poised, but Imam and Babar restored order and the chase was completed before tea, allowing Pakistan to look ahead to facing England, while Ireland reflect on a promising first venture into the Test arena.
- #IREvPAK #BackingGreen pic.
- Babar was eventually run out by Balbirnie and Pakistan captain Sarfraz Ahmed (8) fell lbw to Stuart Thompson, but the second Ireland rally came too late and top-scorer Imam fittingly contributed the winning runs.