Rediff – IMAGE: India have refused to play the pink ball day-night Test in Adelaide later this year.
- IMAGE: India have refused to play the pink ball day-night Test in Adelaide later this year.
- Photograph: BCCIIndia’s refusal to play a day-night Test in Adelaide is ‘selfish’ and hinders efforts to reinvigorate Test cricket, Australia’s former Test batsman Mark Waugh said on Wednesday.
- India have declined to play their maiden day-night Test against Australia, leaving the December 6-10 series-opener in Adelaide a day match, and remain the lone frontline team not to have featured in one.
- “It’s a little bit selfish from India’s point of view because we need to revitalise Test cricket,” Waugh said on Australia’s Big Sports Breakfast radio show.
- India play three twenty20 internationals, four Tests and three one-day internationals in their tour of Australia from November to January.