Stuff – ‘Aussie play like NZ?
- No thank-you,’ says Shane Warne Last updated 07:06, May 18 2018 GETTY IMAGES Shane Warne has been thinking of ways for the Australian cricket team to win back their fans.
- Australian cricket legend Shane Warne doesn’t want the current side to play like New Zealand as they look to emerge from their ball-tampering shame.
- Former leg-spinner Warne has been confirmed to be on the new-look TV commentary team alongside Adam Gilchrist, Mark Waugh and Allan Border and had a few views on how the Australian side can go about re-building with skipper Steve Smith and vice-captain David Warner sitting out one-year bans from the bitter series against South Africa.
- I want us to play hard but fair, tough, uncompromising cricket, but shake hands and play in the spirit of the game and show good sportsmanship.”
- Warne believes the bans are over the top and expects Smith, Warner and Cameron Bancroft to fight their way back into the national side where they will find a tough new coach in Justin Langer.