India Today – Indian cricketer Gautam Gambhir feels that BCCI has not done “enough” to promote Test cricket.
- Gambhir also said that India’s decision to play T20Is and ODIs in England before playing the Test series against the hosts will not make much difference.
- I don’t think playing limited-overs cricket before Test is going to make a huge difference unless you prepare for Tests also,” Gambhir said.
- Test cricket in England will be completely different that limited-overs cricket,” Gambhir added.
- Skipper Virat Kohli, who endured a forgettable Test series in 2014, has already announced that he will be playing county cricket with Surrey in June to prepare for the upcoming tour.
- India is to tour England, from late June, for a full tour comprising T20Is, ODIs and then Tests.