Indian Express – By:
PTI | New Delhi | Published: May 18, 2018 12:37:04 The move by many has been perceived by many as India’s win at all costs strategy.
- (Source: File)The Committee of Administrators (CoA) chief Vinod Rai on Thursday firmly backed the Indian cricket team’s decision of not playing Day/Night pink ball Test against Australia during the upcoming tour Down Under at the end of the year.
- 30 years back they said India play Test matches only to draw but they don’t say that anymore,” Rai said at historian Boria Majumdar’s book launch in Delhi.
- The former CAG said that India will play day-night Tests only when the players are ready.
- “Till the time Indian players say that they are ready to play day-night matches there will be no day-night matches that India will play.”
- “It’s a little bit selfish from India’s point of view because we need to revitalise Test cricket,” Waugh said on Australia’s Big Sports Breakfast radio show.