Indian Express – By:
Sports Desk | Published: May 18, 2018 5:18:37 Mohammad Hafeez was previously barred from bowling in international events.
- (Source: AP)Pakistan all-rounder Mohammad Hafeez has been issued a show-cause notice by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for questioning the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) process to identify bowlers with suspect actions.
- Hafeez, who had been suspended from bowling for the third time in his career after being reported for a suspect action in a series against Sri Lanka, had called for adequate guidelines and raised doubts over the entire process.
- Earlier, speaking to BBC Urdu Hafeez had said, “There are so many things influencing all this (who gets called for suspect actions), it has a lot to do with the power of (some) boards and nobody wants to take them on.”
- Reflecting on it, Hafeez remarked, “When match umpires called me for a suspect bowling action, I went for my test only to find the flex was recorded up to 16, 17 and 18 degrees.
- Previously, Hafeez had been reported for suspected bowling actions in 2005 and 2014.