The Daily Star – Bangladesh – Former South African cricketer Gary Kirsten, who is set to become a consultant for the Bangladesh national team, landed in the country yesterday.
- Former South African cricketer Gary Kirsten, who is set to become a consultant for the Bangladesh national team, landed in the country yesterday.
- On May 14, Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) president Nazmul Hassan informed that the board were in the final stages of appointing Kirsten as a consultant who will make recommendations and direct the board in matters regarding the selection of coaches for the various teams.
- Earlier, it was learnt that Kirsten would arrive in Dhaka after completing his stint with Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League.
- In addition Kirsten, the coach who led India to triumph in the 2011 World Cup, will meet with BCB officials and also the cricketers during his stay.
- Kirsten will help us work out which coaches will work in what specific role, and that includes the head coach role of the national side,” Hassan said last week.