BBC – Highlights: Pakistan dominate as England collapse for 184
Clearly England did not bat well on the first day of the first Test against Pakistan.
- Highlights: Pakistan dominate as England collapse for 184 Clearly England did not bat well on the first day of the first Test against Pakistan.
- England, though, wanted to bat because of concerns about how dry the pitch might become later in the match – remember when Moeen Ali spun out South Africa here last summer?
- Joe Root chose to bat but his team were soon 43-3It is still possible captain Joe Root made the right decision but, if England are to win this Test, they are going to have to do it the hard way.
- Michael VaughanFormer England captainAfter all the talk of moving on from a difficult winter, of a different era and the excitement of a new batting order, it was an awful start to the summer.
- The first day at Lord’s was a time for England to be attritional.