India Today – Adam Gilchrist finds spot-fixing claims hard to believe.
- (Adam Gilchrist/Instagram)Former Australian cricketer Adam Gilchrist has said “no nation is immune” to spot-fixing after a television sting operation accused England and Australia players of getting involved in corruption activities.
- In the Al Jazeera documentary aired on Sunday, the names of two Australian cricketers were muted and Cricket Australia has now asked the news organization for raw footage of its documentary to check whether allegations of spot-fixing are credible.
- Michael Atherton finds spot-fixing claims hard to believeThe match in question here is the Test between India and Australia in Ranchi in 2017.
- “No body, no nation, no team is immune to [spot-fixing] and there’s every chance it’s still going on around the cricketing world,” the former wicketkeeper-batsman said on Back Page Live on Tuesday night3 of India’s Test matches in recent years may have been fixed”So Australia, or England, or whoever they’re accusing – there’s a chance it could be going on, but if you’re that certain, then name them.
- Spot-fixing allegations made against India-Australia Test, CA wants proof”I refuse to believe – and I’d be disappointed if I was proved otherwise – but England and Australian cricketers are getting paid so much.