Himalayan Times – Kathmandu, May 29
Police have arrested six persons, including former footballer Anjan KC, for illegally running an online betting racket.
- Kathmandu, May 29Police have arrested six persons, including former footballer Anjan KC, for illegally running an online betting racket.
- A special team deployed by Metropolitan Police Range, Kathmandu, had held them from different places of Kathmandu valley.
- SSP Bishwa Raj Pokhrel, Metropolitan Police Range in-charge, said the gang used to lure prospective gamblers into betting on international cricket and football matches on the basis of lose and win, wickets, and goals via smartphones and laptop.
- According to MPR, they were found to have used Rs 71.4 million for online betting on cricket matches by luring gamblers.
- Police said Tiwari was the prime accused of the online betting and had opened 24 separate accounts of an online betting site based in London.