India Today – Former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi on Friday announced that he will be making a personal donation of USD 20,000 towards the Hurricane victims in the Caribbean.
- Afridi, who was leading a star-studded ICC World XI in a fundraising match against T20 champions West Indies, will be making the donation on behalf of the Shahid Afridi Foundation.
- West Indies rode on an all-round effort to thrash a star-studded World XI by 72 runs at the Lord’s cricket ground in London on Friday.
- The World XI lost their top four wickets with just eight runs on the board even as Sri Lankan Thisara Perera raged a lone battle with a 37-ball 61, containing seven fours and three sixes.
- World XI skipper Afridi struck immediately with the wicket of Andre Fletcher (7) but the Caribbean side recovered thereafter with Samuels (43 from 22; 4×2, 6×4) and stumper Ramdin (44 not out from 25; 4×3, 6×3) forging a 52-run stand.
- Brief Scores: West Indies 199/4 (Evin Lewis 58, Dinesh Ramdin 44 not out, Marlon Samuels 43; Rashid Khan 2/48) beat World XI (Thisara Perera 61, Shoaib Malik 12; Kesrick Williams 3/41, Samuel Badree 2/4) by 72 runs.