Evening Standard – The accountant is the most important person in a company and TLA Worldwide proves it.
- The sports agency was chugging along nicely until this time last year, when in June its chief financial officer Don Malter resigned.
- TLA also represents top baseball players in the US such as Carlos Correa, George Springer and Justin Turner.
- Player representation contracts can be hugely lucrative — think Jerry Maguire — with agents in the industry usually taking 10% of players’ earnings and marketing deals.
- At the moment TLA’s website shows that it represents a dozen cricket players in the UK and Ireland.
- Cricket is a sport which has never traditionally been lucrative, unless a player is snapped up by the Indian Premier League.