News – Cricket: Ricky Ponting will join forces with Justin Langer as support staff over in England.
- Cricket: Ricky Ponting will join forces with Justin Langer as support staff over in England.
- NEW Australian coach Justin Langer has drafted in his former teammate and Test captain Ricky Ponting to help guide an inexperienced one-day squad against England.
- Ponting, who played in three World Cup winning sides, helped guide the T20 team to a series win earlier this year and will work alongside Langer from June 10.
- “Ricky is one of the greats of the game, and since he was already in England doing some commentary we saw it as a great opportunity to have him join our team for this important series,” Langer said.
- “Ricky’s knowledge of the game is second-to-none, and we know that his experiences, tactical expertise and leadership will be invaluable for this group, as we start to build a team capable of winning a World Cup in these conditions in a year’s time.”