Times of India – DUBAI: India captain Ajinkya Rahane on Monday termed it as a “privilege” to be a part of a historic first Test match against Afghanistan.”It’s a privilege to be playing in Afghanistan’s first Test match.
- DUBAI: India captain Ajinkya Rahane on Monday termed it as a “privilege” to be a part of a historic first Test match against Afghanistan.
- “World’s top-ranked team, India are without regular captain and second-ranked Virat Kohli for this Test but the likes of Cheteshwar Pujara (sixth), Rahane (18th) and opener Lokesh Rahul (19th) in batting and former top-ranked spinners Ravindra Jadeja (fourth) and Ravichandran Ashwin (fifth) among bowlers will be looking to improve their positions on the ICC Test Player Rankings.
- Both Ireland and Afghanistan were granted Full Member and Test status last June.Afghanistan captain Asghar Stanikzai said: “It’s a great moment for us as we embark on our Test journey.
- “To be competing against the best on the Test rankings table is something to be proud of and we will try to do our best in whatever chances we get and exhibit the skills the players possess individually as well as collectively as a team.
- “The one-off Test against India will be Afghanistan’s first step towards being ranked on the ICC Test Team Rankings and a chance for their gifted players to enter the individual rankings after making a mark in limited overs cricket.