Indian Express – Written by
| Updated: June 12, 2018 1:35:26 Abhishek Nayar has taken 462 runs and taken 20 wickets in Ranji Trophy.
- (Source: Express photo by Pradip Das)Abhishek Nayar’s dream of playing 100 First Class games for Mumbai looks bleak as the senior selection committee on Monday omitted the 35-year-old all rounder’s name from the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) off-season fitness camp.
- Last season, Nayar was dropped from Mumbai team after a poor Ranji Trophy season in which he managed only 130 runs at an average of 18.57 and eight wickets.
- Sources in the MCA informed that Nayar has to prove his form to get back into reckoning for Mumbai.
- If Nayar has to come back in the Mumbai team, he will have to come back with plenty of runs behind him,” sources in the MCA said.
- He even mentored Kolkata Knight Riders in this year’s IPL and sources in MCA informed that many of his current Mumbai team mates wanted him to be coach of Mumbai Ranji team after Sameer Dighe decided not to continue his tenure as team’s coach.