Rediff – IMAGE: Dale Steyn has 419 wickets in 86 Tests at an average of 22.32 and regarded as among the sport’s greatest fast bowlers for his ability to take wickets in all conditions.
- IMAGE: Dale Steyn has 419 wickets in 86 Tests at an average of 22.32 and regarded as among the sport’s greatest fast bowlers for his ability to take wickets in all conditions.
- Fast bowler Dale Steyn has been recalled to South Africa’s Test squad for the two-match tour of Sri Lanka next month, providing him with another opportunity to become his country’s most prolific wicket-taker in five-day cricket.
- South Africa are seeking to continue their fine form after home Test series wins over India and Australia this year as they begin life without batting stalwart AB de Villiers, who retired from all forms of international cricket last month.
- They have also included uncapped leg-spinner Shaun von Berg, as well as recalling wrist spinner Tabraiz Shamsi as back-up to incumbent slow bowler Keshav Maharaj on what are expected to be turning wickets in Sri Lanka.
- Squad: Faf du Plessis (captain), Hashim Amla, Temba Bavuma, Quinton de Kock, Theunis de Bruyn, Dean Elgar, Heinrich Klaasen, Keshav Maharaj, Aiden Markram, Lungisani Ngidi, Vernon Philander, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Dale Steyn, Shaun von Berg.