New Indian Express – BENGALURU: There was an air of confidence in Ajinkya Rahane’s voice ahead of India’s one-off Test against Afghanistan on Thursday.
- BENGALURU: There was an air of confidence in Ajinkya Rahane’s voice ahead of India’s one-off Test against Afghanistan on Thursday.
- His message to his players — who have been training rigorously for the last three days at the venue — seems to be a simple-but-strong one: dish out some ruthless cricket.
- However, a big challenge that India players might face — besides Afghanistan’s spin threat — is the switch of format.
- It will be interesting to see the final combination, especially the opening pair, with Murali Vijay, Shikhar Dhawan and KL Rahul being in contention.
- The same is the case with spinners, with R Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja and Kuldeep Yadav in the fray for making the final cut.