New Indian Express – CHENNAI: Thursday might be a memorable day for R Ashwin.
- It is a significant number as he will be erasing S Venkataraghavan’s 35-year-old record of being the most-capped Test player for Tamil Nadu with 57 outings.
- It speaks volumes of Ashwin’s hard work, dedication and commitment towards the game,” was Srikkanth’s compliment for the off-spinner.
- Former India batsman and Tamil Nadu skipper Subramaniam Badrinath was not surprised by Ashwin’s feat.
- Badrinath also felt that Ashwin had the potential to go past Anil Kumble’s record of 619 dismissals to become India’s highest wicket-taker.
- The more he performs and breaks records — as he normally does — the better it is for both Tamil Nadu and Indian cricket.”