The Yorkshire Post – England have vowed to keep Australia in a spin following Moeen Ali’s match-winning turn at The Oval.
- England have vowed to keep Australia in a spin following Moeen Ali’s match-winning turn at The Oval.
- Moeen took two wickets for three runs in eight balls, securing England an early advantage that proved sufficient for their three-wicket win in London.
- Morgan’s 69, Joe Root with 50 and Moeen with 17 will all feel they should have finished the game for England themselves.
- Moeen admitted England must now target the series victory, with the second clash looming large in Cardiff on Saturday.
- Australia’s first international action since March’s ball-tampering scandal that saw Steve Smith, David Warner and Cameron Bancroft suspended ended in a defeat that would have been more comprehensive, save for England’s errant batting.