Sky Sports – County Championship team of the week: Ian Bell, Usman Khawaja and Gareth Harte make the cut
Do you agree with our side?
- Matt Renshaw (Somerset)Pushing Burns close is Somerset’s Renshaw, who is third in the leading run-scorer charts and joins him at the top of the order in our side after his third century of the season – also coming in the first innings of a win, over Nottinghamshire.
- Bell was dismissed in neither innings, following up his 106 in the first with 115 crucial runs in the second as his side chased down a stiff target of 294.
- But, Harte – who also had the honour of top-scoring with 20 in Durham’s disastrous first innings when dismissed for 96 – gets the nod for his vital 114 in only his second first-class game which helped lift his side to a match-winning target.
- He trails County Championship leading wicket-takers Jake Ball and Fidel Edwards – who also claimed a five-for this week, but in a losing cause for Hampshire – by only four wickets on 26, having picked up seven in Essex’s five-wicket triumph over Lancashire – five of them coming, for just 30 runs, when crucially bowling the Lancs out for 108 in their second innings and leaving a manageable 105-run chase.
- Olivier edges out his fellow South Africam and former international team-mate Morkel and Chris Rushworth, whose five-for in the second innings helped Durham clinch victory, due to his 5-20 to skittle the eventual winners on that first morning.