DNA – A blinding rain that lasted hardly five minutes on Wednesday afternoon was enough to wet the M Chinnaswamy Stadium ground and the KSCA B ground where the Afghanistan team was about to start their net session.
- The wet practice conditions, though, did not dampen the spirits of the Afghanistan team, which is excited to begin its Test journey against No.
- Their captain Asghar Stanikzai, speaking in native language Pashto, while addressing a packed media conference on the eve of their inaugural Test, said: It is itself history that we are playing the inaugural and historical Test against the No.
- They expect us to perform well because recently Afghanistan performed really well in the T20Is and ODIs, and their expectation will be the same for the Test.
- It is a common perception that Afghanistan may not be well prepared for the Tests as they are coming here after a successful T20 series against Bangladesh in Dehradun last week.
- But, the fact is that only five of the 16-member Test squad captain Stanikzai, Mohammad Shahzad, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan and Mujeeb ur Rahman will cross over from Dehradun to Bengaluru.