Stuff – A world record with the bat, a quick nap, career-best bowling figures and all rinsed down with a dose of reality TV.
- At just 17, White Ferns all-rounder Amelia Kerr has already been tagged as a potential superstar for a couple of years and on Wednesday (Thursday NZ Time) she proved the hype is real with a record-breaking score of 232 not out against Ireland in Dublin.
- And Kerr’s breakout day was not done there – even though she did need a quick nap before her career-best effort with the ball.
- A quick nap was understandable after Kerr carried her bat through the entire 50 overs of the White Ferns’ innings.
- When she did return to the middle for the second innings, Kerr was expecting White Ferns captain Suzie Bates to go easy on her.
- Back in April this year, Wellington Blaze head coach Christie van Dyk told Stuff Kerr was “probably the most gifted cricket player that I’ve come across in my 27 years of coaching, especially in the women’s game”.