New Indian Express – BENGALURU: Two decades ago, not many in Afghanistan knew what cricket was.
- BENGALURU: Two decades ago, not many in Afghanistan knew what cricket was.
- As the political landscape changed, the Afghanistan Cricket Board brought in professionals from Pakistan.
- That is why Thursday will be a big day for Afghanistan, where cricket has been the national headline.
- Though there are four ethnic groups in Afghanistan — Pakhtoon, Tajik, Hazara and Uzbek — the cricket team is comprised mostly of Pakhtoons.
- Cricket is no escape from what is happening back home, but when 11 of their players celebrate on the field, the whole of Afghanistan will support and so will the world.