Gulf News – India’s Shikhar Dhawan celebrates his century during the first day of the one-off cricket Test match between India and Afghanistan in Bengaluru yesterday.
- India’s Shikhar Dhawan celebrates his century during the first day of the one-off cricket Test match between India and Afghanistan in Bengaluru yesterday.
- Bengaluru: Afghanistan displayed their stomach for a fight in their maiden Test by claiming five wickets in the final session to leave India on 347 for six after the opening day of the one-off contest on Thursday.
- Afghanistan, who became the 12th Test playing nation, clawed their way back in the final session at the M.
- Earlier, Dhawan became the first Indian to smash a century in the first session of a Test as he and Vijay capitalised on Afghanistan’s limited bowling resources built around their spinners.
- Seamer Yamin Ahmadzai claimed Afghanistan’s first wicket in Test cricket after the lunch break when Dhawan edged him to Rahmat Shah, who parried it towards the safe hands of Mohammad Nabi at first slip.