Sify – [India], June 14 (ANI): History was created in Bengaluru when India hosted Afghanistan in their first-ever Test at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium here on Thursday.
- Pulling out all stops to make this historic event a memorable affair, the BCCI hosted dignitaries from the Government of India and Afghanistan.
- The BCCI invited former India great Salim Durani, the only Indian cricketer to be born in Afghanistan, for the special occasion.
- Reflecting on the historic event, BCCI acting secretary Amitabh Choudhary said, “I congratulate Afghanistan for becoming the 12th nation to play Test cricket.
- The BCCI has extended technical and infrastructural support to the Afghanistan Cricket Board and is delighted to see them play the longest format of the game.”
- Afghanistan, who have fast established themselves as a force to reckon with in the shorter formats, have become the 12th side to feature in men’s Test cricket after Ireland debuted against Pakistan last month.