The Week – UK – Move over Kane Williamson, there’s new star in New Zealand cricket.
- Move over Kane Williamson, there’s new star in New Zealand cricket.
- Teenager Amelia Kerr broke the batting record in women’s one-day international (ODI) cricket yesterday with an unbeaten 232 against Ireland in Dublin.
- The 17-year-old scored 31 fours and two sixes as the White Ferns posted a huge score of 490-3 – cricket’s highest-ever ODI total, the BBC reports.
- Kerr’s 232 not out is also the third-highest score in ODI history.
- Quoted by The Guardian, Kerr revealed that she did not know the women’s record had been broken.