Hindu – Born in Kabul, the tall and handsome Salim Durrani was an ‘impact’ player for India.
- Born in Kabul, the tall and handsome Salim Durrani was an ‘impact’ player for India.
- Fittingly, Durrani, now 83, was invited by the BCCI for the inauguration of the historic Test and walked out with the captains for the toss.
- A brutal striker of the ball and a gifted left-arm spinner with a lazy action, the flamboyant Durrani could do magic when in mood.
- Durrani, who played for Jolly Rovers in the TNCA first division league, made eager enquiries about The Hindu and Dasaprakash.
- The charismatic Durrani was a star attraction here at the start of the historic Test.