DNA – Umesh Patwal may not have played first-class cricket.
- He has guided Rashid Khan-led Band-e-Amir Dragons, the Afghanistan domestic team, to their T20 cricket league title last year.
- As batting coach of the Afghanistan team that played their first ever Test at M Chinnaswamy Stadium here, Patwal has had a major role in the country fulfilling its dream.
- I have always maintained that Afghanistan are giant killers and will be so in Test cricket also, said Patwal, who lends his expertise in coaching to some of the international players through his company, Ithinksportz based in Khandivli, Mumbai.
- Patwal proudly says that he has worked with international cricketers including Eoin Morgan of England, Simon Harmer of South Africa, coaches Trevor Bayliss and Duncan Fletcher through the Global Cricket School and, now through his own Ithinksportz and offers consultancy to private cricket academies across the country including Ahmedabad and Mangalore.
- Patwal promises that Afghanistan have a batting line-up that can score big and bat stronger teams out.