Sport 24 – Nottingham – England all-rounder Ben Stokes was left out of the squad announced on Tuesday for the upcoming Twenty20 international matches against Australia and India.
- Nottingham – England all-rounder Ben Stokes was left out of the squad announced on Tuesday for the upcoming Twenty20 international matches against Australia and India.
- England said Monday the hamstring tear Stokes suffered before that second Test against Pakistan was “progressing well”, and it was possible hoped he could play in the three-match Twenty20 series against India starting on July 3.
- That remains a possibility as the Durham star will travel with the squad selected for those three matches and the preceding one-off Twenty20 fixture against Australia, which will follow the ongoing one-day international series, at Edgbaston on June 27.
- Fast bowler Mark Wood, a county colleague of Stokes’s at Durham, has been rested from the squad, with Jake Ball now in contention to win his first Twenty20 cap.
- England Twenty20 squad for Australia and India matches:Eoin Morgan (Middlesex, captain), Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire), Jake Ball (Nottinghamshire), Jos Buttler (Lancashire, wkt), Sam Curran (Surrey), Tom Curran (Surrey), Alex Hales (Nottinghamshire), Chris Jordan (Sussex), Liam Plunkett (Yorkshire), Adil Rashid (Yorkshire), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Jason Roy (Surrey), David Willey (Yorkshire)Fixtures (all times SA)June 27, Edgbaston: England v Australia lone Twenty20 (19:30)July 3, Old Trafford: England v India, 1st T20 (18:30)July 6, Cardiff: England v India, 2nd T20 (18:30)July 8, Bristol: England v India, 3rd T20 (15:00)