WA Today – There will be no day-night Shield fixtures in 2018-19.
- Test stars will either be playing an ODI series against India, BBL or grade cricket in the lead-up to that first Test against Sri Lanka.
- From the moment Australia’s first Test against India finishes, players outside the XI will be restricted to white-ball action as they seek to build a compelling case for a baggy green.
- LoadingThe upside for the likes of Glenn Maxwell and Ashton Agar, both yet to play a Test on home soil, is there will be five Shield rounds before that first Test.
- The third Shield round overlaps with an ODI series in Australia between Justin Langer’s team and South Africa.
- The first two Shield rounds start on October 16 and 25 respectively.