Mail and Guardian – What would the ideal next 24 months look like for Kagiso Rabada?
- “It is an obsession,” Rabada says in the empty media room at the top of Wanderers Stadium.
- Putting cricket’s genteel gentleman’s rules aside for a moment, Rabada’s exuberance is a marvel for the spectator.
- Rabada agreed that there is no underestimating the effect such zeal can have on team morale and drive.
- Rather than shut himself off to it, Rabada wants to hone the intensity to a more distinct level, to refine it into a commodity that he can use to build his game.
- He doesn’t say it but you get the sense any such extra responsibilities would be a distraction, a distraction from doing what’s necessary, from being the most terrifying pacer in the game.