Daily Excelsior – Rajesh Dhar
The State of Jammu and Kashmir possesses abundant talent in cricketing field.
- For that matter, the development of already existing multipurpose MA Stadium into an International standard Cricket Stadium will go a long way in helping these talented cricketers to shine at the National Level.
- The cricket fraternity of the State is very much excited over the development of this one and only International Stadium of the State.
- The Stadium when completed will make the State eligible to host mega cricketing events in its arena, otherwise, J&K despite striving hard from a last decade or so, has yet to succeed in developing International Standard Cricket Stadium.
- Keeping all these things in mind the rebuilding of MA Stadium into an exclusive Cricket Stadium, is simply a great initiative and this endeavour will surely serve Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association as a guiding force with regard to development of International Stadium at Bajalta in Jammu also.
- In this regard, the former Secretary J&K State Sports Council, Waheed-ur-Rehman Parra had already issued a statement that the games and sports being played at MA Stadium will be shifted to newly constructed Indoor Hall which will soon be thrown open and the existing Indoor Complex, will be further upgraded.