Sky Sports – Alex Hales held his nerve to steer England to a series-levelling, five-wicket victory over India in the second Twenty20 international, at Cardiff.
- Hales (58no) struck a straight six off the first ball from Bhuvneshwar Kumar to reach his half-century, before helping the next for four – David Willey seeing England home with another boundary with just two balls to spare.
- Redemption was quick – Buttler holing out to India’s skipper just three balls later, Kohli sprinting with arms outstretched in wild celebration, leaving England 42-2 after six overs.
- Hales struck Chahal and Kuldeep Yadav for sixes in successive overs but India’s resolve held firm, Dhawan leaping high at fine leg to pouch a top-edge Eoin Morgan (17) pull in spectacular fashion.
- With 39 needed off the final four overs, Jonny Bairstow (28 off 18) targeted the shorter square boundary to club successive sixes off Kuldeep (0-34) only to pull Bhuvneshwar Kumar to fine leg to make it 126-5.
- Watch England take on India in the third and final T20 – live on Sky Sports Cricket from 1.30pm on Sunday.