Guyana Chronicle – CMC – WEST Indies crushed Bangladesh by an innings and 219 runs in just seven sessions, to record their fifth-largest Test victory ever and grab an all-important 1-0 lead in the two-match series here Friday.
- CMC – WEST Indies crushed Bangladesh by an innings and 219 runs in just seven sessions, to record their fifth-largest Test victory ever and grab an all-important 1-0 lead in the two-match series here Friday.
- The hosts needed just over 1-3/4 hours on the third day at the Vivian Richards Cricket Ground, to claim the remaining four wickets and send Bangladesh tumbling to 144 all out in their second innings.
- West Indies wasted little time in getting the breakthrough when Holder removed Mahmudullah (15) with his first legal ball but second delivery of the day, squaring up the batsman and having him caught at third slip by Roston Chase.
- Seamer Kemar Roach, who did not bowl in the second innings, was adjudged Man-of-the-Match for his five wickets for eight runs which sent Bangladesh crumbling to a record-low Test score of 43 in the first innings.
- Scorecard BANGLADESH 1st Innings 43 WEST INDIES 1st Innings 406 BANGLADESH 2nd Innings (overnight 62 for six) Tamim Iqbal c Hope b Gabriel 13 Liton Das c Brathwaite b Holder 2 Mominul Haque b Gabriel 0 Mushfiqur Rahim b Gabriel 8 *Shakib Al Hasan c Holder b Gabriel 12 Mahmudullah c Chase b Holder 15 Mehidy Hasan c wkp Dowrich b Holder 2 +Nurul Hasan c & b Cummins 64 Kamrul Islam b Gabriel 7 Rubel Hossain b Cummins 16 Abu Jayed not out 0 Extras (b1, w3, nb1) 5 TOTAL (all out, 40.