Daily Monitor – KAMPALA.
- Team Uganda has already had a taste of both good and bad at their debut ICC Women’s World Twenty20 Qualifier in Netherlands.
- From a painful opening nine-wicket loss to Scotland on Saturday, the Lady Cricket Cranes responded in a spirited manner to beat Thailand by four wickets in the Group B encounter played in Utrecht yesterday.
- Having easily laid the carpet for the Scottish to majestically walk in Amstelveen, Uganda’s coaches Francis Otieno and Grace Mutyagaba knew they had their work cut out in the second Group B tie against Thailand at Kampong Cricket Ground.
- With Ireland having beaten Scotland by nine wickets yesterday, Uganda’s camp will have more of soul searching and dusting of the bats during the rest day today ahead of tomorrow’s tie against the Group B leaders.
- ICC WOMEN’S T20 QUALIFIERRESULTSGROUP BUganda 43/10 Scotland 47/1(Scotland won by 9 wickets)Thailand 67/9 Uganda 68/6(Uganda won by 4 wickets)Thailand 92/7 Ireland 93/3(Ireland won by 7 wickets)Scotland 98/2 Ireland 99/1(Ireland won by 9 wickets)GROUP APNG 84/6 Bangladesh 86/2(Bangladesh won by 8 wickets)Netherlands 137/3 UAE 138/4(UAE won by 6 wickets) FIXTURES – TOMORROW5pm: UAE vs.