FirstPost.com (India) – That was the order of pitches in the three-match T20I series that India won 2-1.
- This isn’t T20 cricket wherein Joe Root can be benched, for he is a vital member of their ODI plans.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar could succumb to the same faulty selection policy — he was unavailable for the third T20 in Bristol and in all probability will miss this first ODI in Nottingham as well.
- The other relevant number here is six – as many as six different batsmen have been tried by the team management to sort the number four riddle.
- Simply because they are faced with a top ODI side, and deep-reaching changes such as this cannot be hammered down into place against England.
- How they fare on a brownish wicket will indicate how far India have come on this road to the 2019 ODI World Cup final.