The Guardian – A captain’s knock from David Warner help extend Winnipeg’s campaign at the Global T20 in Canada.
- Umpires looked set to replace the ball with a new shiny ball but Warner objected, shaking his finger and head while presumably asking for a customary like-for-like replacement.
- Warner, Steve Smith and Cameron Bancroft are barred from representing their country, state or any Big Bash League franchise as part of the suspensions Cricket Australia imposed in the wake of the Cape Town cheating scandal.
- Warner and Smith both elected to play in the new T20 league in Toronto.
- Smith and Warner have both agreed to play grade cricket this summer, for Sutherland and Randwick-Petersham respectively.
- Influential industry figures are pushing for the terms of the bans to be softened, so Smith and Warner can play the second half of the Sheffield Shield season before a World Cup and Ashes series in England.