Rediff – IMAGE: Prithvi Shaw of India ‘A’, left, celebrates his half century against England Lions.
- IMAGE: Prithvi Shaw of India ‘A’, left, celebrates his half century against England Lions.
- India ‘A’ struggled to 106 for four in 32 overs after veteran Alastair Cook’s marathon 180 powered England Lions to 423 all out on the second day of the only four-day unofficial Test in Worcester.
- Young opener Prithvi Shaw top-scored with 62 for India ‘A’ at the County Ground, but others such as Test specialist Murali Vijay, Mayank Agarwal and skipper Karun Nair failed to get going.
- Starting the day on 310 for two, the overnight pair of centurion Alastair Cook (154) and Dawid Malan (59) added 35 runs before Cook fell for 180 to Ankit Rajpoot, which ended a 181-run partnership for the third wicket.
- Siraj was the most successful bowler for India ‘A’, returning figures of 4/79 in 29 overs, while Shahbaj Nadeem had three wickets to his name.