BBC – In terms of their preparation for next summer’s World Cup, England are getting it spot on.
- In terms of their preparation for next summer’s World Cup, England are getting it spot on.
- We are guessing a little as to what the conditions will be like in the UK next summer, and to what sort of pitches the International Cricket Council will want the tournament played on, but Eoin Morgan’s men look to have all bases covered.
- Added significance comes from the fact that England won a series-decider, a one-off game that replicates the pressure of a knockout tie, or a winner-takes-all group game, the sort of stakes you might encounter at a World Cup.
- I said after the series against Australia that England would probably want the World Cup to begin as soon as possible, and now the challenge is to maintain the momentum.
- India were the last Test side that won an ODI series against England, in January 2017.