News – Cricket: 19-year-old leg-spinner Rashid Khan has led his Sunrisers side to a 13-run victory with a compelling 3-19 off four overs.
- AUSTRALIAN Twenty20 keeper-batsman Alex Carey predicts the Adelaide Strikers can clinch back-to-back BBL titles armed with match-winners headlined by Afghan spin wonder Rashid Khan.
- Skipper Travis Head and coach Jason Gillespie steered Adelaide to an inaugural BBL title with Jake Weatherald blasting 115 from 70 balls in a decisive final knock against Hobart Hurricanes at Adelaide Oval last February.
- “We are really excited to have guys like Rashid Khan, Colin Ingram, Billy Stanlake, Peter Siddle and Michael Neser back and for the Big Bash to come round again.
- An expanded BBL sees each team playing 14 games with the Strikers hosting six at Adelaide Oval including the traditional New Years Eve clash against Sydney Sixers.
- Adelaide starts its title defence against Brisbane Heat away on December 19 while travelling for games in regional Victoria against the Renegades and Stars on January 3 and January 23.