Mid-day – It was a day when things did not go too well for India in the series-deciding ODI match at Headingley here yesterday.
- England captain Eoin Morgan had no hesitation in putting India in to bat on a gloomy, cloudy day.
- England with a solid batting line-up were not going to be shackled unless the spinners wove their magic and as they failed to do so, England, riding on a 186-run partnership between Joe Root (100 not out) and Morgan (88 not out), cruised along with confidence to win the match comfortably by eight wickets and 33 balls to spare and in the process clinched the ODI series 2-1, after India had won the T20I series by the same margin.
- After India battled their way with the bat, there was hope that their spinners would prove to be a handful for the home batsmen, especially after England leg-spinner Aadil Rashid (3-49) had troubled the Indian batsmen with some excellent bowling.
- But the way Shikhar Dhawan (44) and Kohli batted it seemed India have the measure of the England bowling.
- Also Read: India vs England: Virat Kohli aims to iron out middle-order frailtiesCatch up on all the latest T20 news and updates here.