India Today – The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Wednesday announced that the 37-team Raji Trophy championship will be held from November 1, 2018 to February 6, 2019 after the conclusion of the Vijay Hazare and the Deodhar Trophy 50-overs tournaments.
- The Ranji Trophy will have nine new teams in Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Puducherry, Sikkim & Uttarakhand.
- The top team that qualifies for quarter-finals from the Plate group will be promoted to Elite Group C in the next season.
- The top two teams that qualify for the quarter-finals from Elite Group C will be promoted to Elite Group A & B in the next season.
- The Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Trophy will also comprise 37 teams and will be played after the Irani Trophy.
- The senior women’s team will commence their domestic season with the T20 Challenger Trophy, while the one-day league runs from December 1 to 29.