24.com – Leeds – India left-arm wrist-spinner Kuldeep Yadav has been
included in an 18-man squad announced Wednesday for the first three Tests of
their series in England after impressing in recent limited overs matches.
- Leeds – India left-arm wrist-spinner Kuldeep Yadav has beenincluded in an 18-man squad announced Wednesday for the first three Tests oftheir series in England after impressing in recent limited overs matches.
- India have tended to deploy the experienced pair ofoff-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin and left-arm orthodox Ravindra Jadeja as theirspecialist slow bowlers in recent Test matches.
- India’s selection panel met in Leeds, the venue forEngland’s eight-wicket win in the third and deciding ODI at Headingley onWednesday, to pick the Test squad.
- India, who will again be captained by star batsman ViratKohli, have a four-day warm-up match against Essex at Chelmsford next weekbefore facing England in the first Test at Edgbaston starting on August 1.
- India’s squad for the first three Tests against England:Virat Kohli (captain), Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Murali Vijay, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Karun Nair, Dinesh Karthik (wkt), Rishabh Pant (wkt), Ravinchandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Shardul ThakurFixturesAug 01-05: 1st Test, EdgbastonAug 09-13: 2nd Test, Lord’sAug 18-22: 3rd Test, Trent BridgeSquad does not yet cover following:Aug 30-Sep 03: 4th Test, SouthamptonSep 07-11: 5th Test, The Oval