News – PACEMAN Pat Cummins has backed away from comments made last week that appeared to call out India captain Virat Kohli ahead of the Australian summer.
- PACEMAN Pat Cummins has backed away from comments made last week that appeared to call out India captain Virat Kohli ahead of the Australian summer.
- Cummins said last Tuesday that Kohli wouldn’t make a single triple-figure score during the tour, despite smashing four centuries and averaging 86.50 on his last visit.
- The comments he made last week prompted a response from former quick Brett Lee, who disagreed with Cummins and backed Kohli to enjoy a blockbuster summer in Australia.
- He said he expected the superstar batsman to continue where he left off from India’s 2014-15 tour of Australia, where he scored four centuries across four Tests (692 runs at 86.50), taking his average in the country to 62.00.
- “Kohli has a lot to prove and he will prove this year why he’s so good,” Lee told foxsports.com.au following his unveiling as a Fox Sports Cricket commentator.