Reuters – (Reuters) – England’s bid to regain the Ashes next year will begin with first test against Australia at Edgbaston, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) announced on Thursday.
- (Reuters) – England’s bid to regain the Ashes next year will begin with first test against Australia at Edgbaston, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) announced on Thursday.
- Cricket – England v Australia – International T20 – Edgbaston Cricket Ground, Birmingham, Britain – June 27, 2018 Fireworks at the end of the match Action Images via Reuters/Andrew BoyersEdgbaston, where England are unbeaten since 2009, will get the five-test series underway from Aug.
- England are also scheduled to meet Ireland at Lord’s in a four-day test from July 24-27, their first test of fewer than five days since the tour of New Zealand in 1971.
- Pakistan will be England’s first opponent of the home international season next year, with their tour featuring five one-day internationals (ODI) and one Twenty20, as both countries prepare for the 50-overs World Cup starting on May 30.
- England’s 2019 home schedule: May 5: Only Twenty20 v Pakistan, Cardiff May 8: First ODI v Pakistan, the Oval May 11: Second ODI v Pakistan, Southampton May 14: Third ODI v Pakistan, Bristol May 17: Fourth ODI v Pakistan, Trent Bridge May 19: Fifth ODI v Pakistan, Headingley — July 24-27: Only test v Ireland, Lord’s — Aug.